ZelCore Christmas Special — Set up d2FA, win $ZEL by securing your wallet!
The Zel Team Announces holiday “Give back to the community.” Encouraging users to enable decentralized two-factor (d2FA) authentication and secure their blockchain assets!
To celebrate Christmas and the fantastic work we have accomplished this year, the Zel team will be sending enough Zel to enable d2fa on every ZelCore wallet users we have. That is well over 165k users! We believe in protecting yourself, and this is an excellent way to get some Zel into the community’s hands! Check out Goose’s video below explaining all the good bits!
We will also be giving away 2,500 Zel each day from December 26th to 31th, and on New Years Day, we will give away 10,000 Zel, enough for setting up a fresh Basic ZelNode!
You are your own bank, secure it!
In the wake of the Ledger hack, we need to remember to take the time and secure our assets. Here are several essential items when you use ZelCore you need to do:
1. Set a password recovery backup
2. Write down your Username and Password (They make up your private key)
3. Back up the WIF Key for each asset (Wallet Import Format key)
4. Enable d2fa and biometrics/facial ID
5. Store your keys somewhere safe
6. And never trust anyone with your keys…..ever!
How to receive ZEL to enable d2fa Security
Just login and use ZelCore for a few minutes and you will receive the $ZEL transaction.
Why do you need ZEL to enable d2fa?
d2fa is ZelCore’s additional security layer. Users select a PIN which is encrypted by your ZelCore account and stored on the zel blockchain so ZelCore can be accessed anywhere, on any device, without 3rd party trust. Since its stored on-chain, a user needs a small amount of $ZEL to cover the tx fee of storing the PIN in a block. After that, no more $ZEL needs to be spent to use d2fa.
How to set up d2fa in ZelCore
Be eligible for the $ZEL giveaway!
1. From 25th to 31st December set/change your d2fa on your ZelCore account. Once your d2fa is set/changed, you are entered into the contest!
3. On 26th we will check all the users who have set/change their d2fa since 25th December and randomly select one user to receive the 2,500 Zel.
4. On 27th we will check all the users who have set/change their d2fa since 25th December and randomly select one user to receive the 2,500 Zel. And we will do the same until 31st December.
5. On 1st January we will check all the users who have set/change their d2fa since 25th December and randomly select one user to receive the 10,000 Zel
6. Each user will only count once for the give away even if they changed their d2fa several times. Each giveaway will be given to different users, so if a user received 2,500 ZEL on 26th won’t be eligible for the other giveaways.
After the giveaway ends
Because ZelCore deeply cares about user security by empowering each of you to protect the bank you are building, ZelCore will continue to give every new user enough $ZEL to set up d2fa.
Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas from The Zel & ZelCore Team!!!