Host your DeSo Node via the Flux Marketplace.
Flux — The Web3 Cloud
Flux's core values and ethos is the rise of Web 3.0 — By and For the People. Evoke the power of corporations and restore it to the common people. The Flux Cloud is decentralized, based on thousands of single servers from all over the world connected in one operating system. Individuals are the backbone of it. They provide the cloud with computational resources via home-based bare metal machines or rented servers and get incentivized by 50% of the total block reward.
To this date, the decentralized cloud of Flux is supported by over 15,000 nodes all around the globe. Its total available computational resources total over 100,000 Cores, over 275 TB of RAM, and over 6 PT (Petabytes) of SSD. A Web 3.0 cloud powerhouse that can be used to deploy applications in a decentralized and censor-resistant manner. There are plenty of advantages to using Flux instead of traditional Web2 infrastructure providers:
- All applications are redundant and do have automatic failovers in case of any outages.
- The Flux Cloud is agnostic to code language as it uses Docker Hub containers as an on-ramp.
- The Flux Cloud automatically keeps applications up to date with the respective container.
- The Flux Cloud offers competitive pricing.
Enough introduction! Let's proceed with the guide on deploying your very own Decentralized Social Blockchain Node [Backend] via the Flux Marketplace in very few steps!
- We first need to head over to https://home.runonflux.io/
- Once here, we need to log in using our ZelID. Available for us via Zelcore https://zelcore.io/ (Remember always to use the official links)
2.1 If you don’t have an account created in Zelcore, you first need to download and install the app
2.2 Next (mandatory for your wallet’s safety), enable d2FA on the App section inside Zelcore.
2.3 Now you can authenticate by clicking on the fingerprint button or manually by signing the message manually on your Zelcore Wallet with the ZelID App
3. Now that you are authenticated head to https://home.runonflux.io/apps/marketplace and look for the DeSo Node Application. You will see something very similar to this:
4. Do not put any other Parameters and Click on the Start Marketplace App, you get something like:
5. You can click next or copy the Registration Message if you are signing the message manually from your ZelID App and then click next
6. Here, you can click the fingerprint button to sign the request for the Application, or if done, manually paste the signed message on your ZelID from the previous step
7. Now you get the monthly cost for your Application. Click Register Flux App
8. Now, you are provided with some payment info in FLUX. Payment is made through the FLUX blockchain in FLUX coins.
9. Select “Pay with Zelcore” to make the payment for the app
10. You are done! We must wait for your DeSo node to be spawned on an available node.
Monitoring of your instances
When logged in via your ZelID, you can head over to https://home.runonflux.io/apps/globalapps and the “My Apps” Tab. Here you can manage and visit the DeSo Node deployments you have done so far. Click on the arrow pointing down to see your application specifications and the IPs running it.
Here comes the beauty of the Flux Cloud! Your DeSo Node is redundant! That means it is always running on a minimum of three instances simultaneously. That gives you two options to communicate with the DeSo backend:
- Visit the backend API on each IP directly by clicking on the “Visit App” button (e.g http://220.127.116.11:33445/)
- Use your automatic generated domain to visit the backend API, which load balances between all IPs running the DeSo Node (e.g https://desonode1666685724078.app.runonflux.io/ or with the 33445 port at https://desonode1666685724078_33445.app.runonflux.io/)
Remember, your DeSo backend Node is only subscribed for 22,000 Flux blocks which are ~ 44,000 minutes, so around one month. You will need to renew the payment monthly, so your Node does not get kicked off the network.
- Visit https://home.runonflux.io/ and log in with your ZelID
- Navigate to “Apps,” “Global Apps,” “My Apps”
- Click “Manage,” “Manage App,” or “Update Specifications”
- Leave all the variables like they are; click “Compute Update Message.”
- Sign the Message with the ZelID App and click “Update Flux App” after
- Click “Pay with Zelcore” to make the Flux Payment
- Voilà your Node has been renewed for 22,000 blocks
Have Fun supporting the Decentralized Social Blockchain with decentralized infrastructure!
Learn more about Flux at www.runonflux.io
Learn more about DeSo at www.deso.com/