Flux Releases its Decentralized Networks Power to Help Others!
Flux, Folding@Home, Covid-19, and a Massive $Flux competition begins!
“The battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.” -George S. Patton
In recent days there has been a lot of talk about decentralized cloud infrastructure. With the launch of other projects in the space, Flux has chosen to put up or shut up. We have worked hard to build a scalable, developed, and well-tuned network to provide a true decentralized computational network based on decentralized system administrators and a truly decentralized network. We challenge all other projects in this space to join us and work hard to benefit others.
Based on these points, the Flux team would like to extend the following invitation:
- 25k Flux prize pool to NodeOps and Miners
- Folding with the Flux team via FluxNodes or GPU/CPU Flux: Team ID to use 262156
- Ten users chosen randomly at the end of the competition earn 2.5k Flux each
- Start: Week of 24th May End: June 15th
- Chosen randomly from the Flux team’s folding@home page
- Live drawing on June 15th, please follow Twitter / Discord / Telegram for the exact time as we get closer
- Use your FluxID or Flux address as your username on each “worker” joining the team. No FluxID or wallet address, no shot at Flux!
- Each month we will review the requirements and build out a structure to incentivize folders. More information to come!
So how do I set up my node to participate in this event?
- Very easy, we have a fantastic detailed video here
- Or should you prefer a simple guide only on how to set up folding on Flux here
If you happen to have mining rigs, computers, etc., sitting idle and want to up your chances of winning, you can find clients for different operating systems here on the folding@home downloads page.
I’d like to know more about how my CPU/GPU/FluxNode is putting the SmackDown on COVID-19 and other medical issues?
The team from folding@home has done a much better job of explaining it than what I can do in a Medium brief post. You can find their in-depth explanation of what it is they do here. Please bear in mind that this only applies to folding vs. COVID-19 Folding@home runs a range of valuable projects you can participate in. You can find a full list with explanations here.
Why is Flux running a FOLDING@HOME competition?
Flux isn’t “just talk”; tangible results are what it is all about, and this neatly kills two birds with one stone. The first bird is the deployment of applications to run on Flux at a very large scale, and the second being lifting up spirits by getting some excitement going by doing some good and showcasing people that care about humanity, and how technology helps us all.
Thank you for taking the time to read this! Now please, set up your workers on your FluxNodes, your spare PC, or your GPU rig and join in the competition. Learn more about Flux here.